Anna Antseliovich, the acting director general of the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA), has resigned.
Antseliovich took up her position at RUSADA in December 2015 after previous director general Ramil Khabiyev had left the role.
Russian Paralympic Committee (RPC) President Vladimir Lukin confirmed the news of her departure following a general meeting by the RUSADA founders, according to TASS.
He also said that the new members of the RUSADA monitoring council would be approved today and begin their work before Thursday (March 9).
"Participants in the meeting of the RUSADA founders, which include Russia’s Olympic and Paralympic Committees, discussed the establishment of a new monitoring council to replace the old one," Lukin told TASS.
"It will comprise seven members, nominees have been discussed.
"The final decision on the committee members will be made on Tuesday afternoon.
"Before March 9, the monitoring council will be set up, its management will be elected and the council will start its activities, so today is the birthday of a new RUSADA."
Four members of RUSADA's leadership, including Khabiyev, resigned following the explosive reports of state-supported doping within the country's athletics programme, issued in November 2015.
RUSADA was heavily criticised in the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Independent Commission report, which revealed the allegations against the country and prompted the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) to ban Russia from international competition.
It led to the body being declared "non-compliant" by WADA following a Foundation Board meeting in Colorado Springs.
Australia’s Peter Nicholson, a former war crimes investigator, along with Ieva Lukosiute-Stanikuniene, the director of the Lithuanian Anti-Doping Agency, were appointed by WADA in April 2016 to overhaul the practices of RUSADA.
Antseliovich's resignation comes just days after European Athletics President Svein Arne Hansen said he believes there has been "a change of mentality" in Russia regarding action to rectify allegations of widespread doping abuse and hopes to see the country’s athletes back in international action "sooner rather than later".
Hansen said he was convinced the Russians understood what they needed to do to restore trust in the credibility of their anti-doping programmes.
Earlier this year, the IAAF Taskforce recommended the country’s track and field athletes should not return until November, meaning Russia will miss August's World Championships in London.
Hansen’s comments support those made by the IAAF President Sebastian Coe, who told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme last week that he believes Russian Athletics Federation officials are beginning to accept the "enormity" of the situation surrounding the doping abuses highlighted by the McLaren Report commissioned by WADA.
Russian President Vladimir Putin recently urged his country to "heed the demands" of the McLaren Report, which revealed over 1,000 athletes from the nation had been involved in an "institutional conspiracy" to cheat to win medals between 2011 and 2015, amid a growing backlash against the evidence provided.
Putin also conceded the Russian anti-doping system had "failed", although he reiterated his belief that there has "never been any institutional conspiracy to conceal positive doping tests".
The IAAF ban means any Russian track and field athletes cleared to compete at international events must do so under a neutral flag having shown they have been monitored by a bona-fide anti-doping regime.
Last week, WADA President Sir Craig Reedie admitted he was blindsided by the release of an International Olympic Committee (IOC) letter which revealed his organisation had warned there may not be sufficient evidence in the McLaren Report to bring sanctions against Russian athletes.
Sir Craig, who says he has since been “assured” by the IOC that it will not happen again, described the letter as "counter-productive".
The Scot also offered a staunch defence of the findings in the document from the Canadian lawyer, published in December.
An open letter was made public last month, where IOC director general Christophe de Kepper claimed that WADA admitted that the evidence in "many cases" against Russian athletes may not be strong enough to impose sanctions.