Israel has been awarded the 2018 Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) Men's World Championship after the withdrawal of Manchester.
Competition will now take place in Netanya between July 12 and 21 next year.
The city was given the rights to the flagship event after English Lacrosse (EL) withdrew Manchester as the host city last month.
This was because of financial concerns.
Fifty countries are now expected in Netanya, featuring more than 2,000 players.
"We are extremely pleased that the Israel Lacrosse Association and the city of Netanya, Israel, will be hosting the FIL's flagship World Championship," said FIL President Stan Cockerton.
"We expect nothing less than a world-class event and we're confident that Israel will deliver."
Netanya has pedigree hosting other sporting events, including the 2015 European Short Course Swimming Championships.
Matches at the 2013 UEFA European Under-21 Championship were also held there.
"It's a true honour and testament to the Israel Lacrosse Association, our Board, our membership and our supporters that we are to be hosting the sport's pinnacle event next summer," said ILA executive director Scott Neiss.
"The success of Israel lacrosse both internationally, that sees us ranked seventh in the world, and the domestic infrastructure we've established at grassroots level here in Israel, put us in good standing when submitting our bid to host the FIL World Championship and we're delighted to showcase our country, our facilities, and the spirit of Israel to the world."
When withdrawing their bid, English Lacrosse said the decision was "very difficult".
"The EL Board after great consideration and consultation, found the event, in the form EL would wish to deliver, placed the governing body and sport at unacceptable financial risk," a statement said.
Canada are the defending world champions, beating the United States 8-5 in the 2014 final in Denver.