Fact of the day
In the summer of 2017, London will stage both the IAAF World Athletics Championships and the IPC Athletics World Championships in the Olympic Stadium. It will be the first time that these two Championships have been staged in the same year in the same city.
Surfing is one of many sports looking to ride the wave of Olympic Agenda 2020 and benefit from the increased flexibility of sports on the programme. Although he is not quite sure how changes will work in practice, International Surfing Association President Fernando Aguerre is confident his sport is on the up, as Mike Rowbottom found out...
- South Korean Prime Minister approves funding for new Pyeongchang 2018 facilities as rules out moving events abroad
- Mexico Olympic Committee President wants to revive joint Tijuana-San Diego Olympic bid for 2024
- Olympic gold medallist given eight-year ban by USADA for his part in Tyson Gay's doping offence
- "We achieved even more than we dreamed about" at Sochi 2014, claims Putin
- Kuwait City, Las Vegas and Tokyo among cities chosen to host World Bowling Championships
Which city do you think the USOC choose to bid for the 2024 Olympics?