Fact of the day
Having made history at the 2014 Weightlifting World Championships by topping the overall medals table with 12 golds, North Korea is now setting its sights on writing yet more history by hosting the event itself. While there is no official bid yet, talks are already underway and it cannot be written off as impossible. Brian Oliver reports.
- World Rugby gives Cyprus warm welcome but Armenia and Greece the cold shoulder
- Exclusive: New anti-doping code may lead to cuts in the number of tests in the Netherlands - and elsewhere
- Exclusive: IAAF claim Doha's $37 million offer in 2019 World Championships bid was legal and within guidelines
- Elite will prosper but Europe could suffer as IAAF announces new qualifying standards
- IRB reveals schedule for 2014-2015 Sevens World Series with Olympic qualification up for grabs
What do you think is the most important proposal in Agenda 2020?