Spanish tennis player Fernando Verdasco has threatened legal action against the organisers of the French Open after he was forced to withdraw from the tournament following a positive COVID-19 test.
The 36-year-old former world number seven said he had previously tested positive for the virus in August but was now asymptomatic.
He claimed he was refused the chance to take another test to find out whether the initial one was inaccurate, having tested negative since the positive result.
Verdasco was one of five players to withdraw from the tournament last week after testing positive, with other big names forced to pull out including Canada's Milos Raonic and Switzerland's Belinda Bencic.
Since withdrawing, he has given a negative result from an independent test.
Speaking to Spanish radio station Cadena Ser, he said he was considering his legal position.
"Do I want to sue Roland Garros? Yes obviously," said Verdasco.
"Nobody can believe that a tournament like Roland Garros can do that.
"It is not a thing about money, it is a thing of damage which this does to you personally and professionally."
Verdasco also questioned whether he would return to the court any time soon due to the current situation, saying the matter has made him "lose the desire for everything".
"They [French Open organisers] do things as they please, without any coherence and without any respect," added the Spaniard.
"The rights of the players count for nothing."
Bosnia and Herzegovina's Damir Dzumhur had previously announced his plans to sue the organisers after he was expelled from the Grand Slam tournament after his coach Petar Popovic tested positive.
Since then, the French Tennis Federation ruled players who had previously contracted the virus would not be considered "contagious", providing they can demonstrate a "documented file approved by experts".
The clay court event is ongoing in Paris and will run until October 11.