The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) has said a decision will be made in the "coming weeks" regarding the future of the Basketball Champions League (BCL), the Basketball Champions League Americas and the Basketball Africa League (BAL) amid the coronavirus pandemic.
This will follow consultation with the respective leagues and clubs, according to a joint message from FIBA President Hamane Niang and FIBA secretary general Andreas Zagklis to the basketball community.
Earlier this month, FIBA imposed an indefinite suspension on all of its competitions in light of the coronavirus pandemic.
FIBA said the decision to postpone its events was made "in order to protect the health and safety of players, coaches, officials and fans" amid growing concern over the spread of COVID-19.
Unlike other governing bodies to have established similar measures, FIBA did not confirm when, or if, the competitions affected would resume.
Events impacted include the BCL, a rival tournament to the EuroLeague, and the second-tier Europe Cup.
The EuroLeague itself had previously been suspended by organisers because of the outbreak of coronavirus, which has spread to 196 countries and territories worldwide.
The inaugural season of the BAL, due to have begun on March 13 in Senegal's capital Dakar, has also been postponed.
"Whilst FIBA competitions are currently suspended, this does not mean that preparations for future FIBA competitions have stopped," the joint message reads.
"We are in continuous communication with event hosts and will continue to monitor the situation on a daily basis, as well as following the guidance of the World Health Organization (WHO), public authorities and the FIBA Medical Commission.
"In the coming weeks, a decision will be made regarding the Basketball Champions League, the Basketball Champions League Americas and the Basketball Africa League, after consultation with the respective leagues and clubs.
"The same applies to our international competitions suspended at sub-Zone level."
WHO director general Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said yesterday that the coronavirus pandemic is "accelerating".
There are more than 375,000 cases now recorded worldwide.
"In these extraordinary circumstances, where virtually all of our 213 National Member Federations have been affected by the coronavirus pandemic, it is paramount that the basketball community is an example of responsible behavior," the joint message adds.
"Whilst we would usually implore you to play basketball as often as you can, our message today is to help the greater cause of protecting public health.
"In no circumstance should our passion to play basketball surpass the importance of following the instructions of the public authorities.
"We thank you for your understanding, your patience and your cooperation so far.
"Coronavirus has resulted in major disruption to the basketball calendar, which we appreciate has, and will continue to, cause concern and uncertainty for you all.
"Rest assured, every decision we are taking is motivated by safety considerations for players, coaches, officials and fans.
"That is why on March 12, once it was evident that the outbreak was turning into a pandemic, FIBA became the first International Federation to issue a general suspension of its competitions.
"Many of these competitions are still to be completed and that remains our aim, but this will happen only if the conditions allow for it.
"We will not ask our players to go somewhere, where we would not send our own children.
"At the same time, we do not want to leave our stakeholders in a state of uncertainty."