World Taekwondo is set to discuss the status of this year's World Junior Championships next month amid concerns over the impact of the coronavirus pandemic on the event.
In a letter to Member National Associations who have qualified athletes for Tokyo 2020, World Taekwondo President Chungwon Choue said the ruling Council would convene next month to make a decision on the event in Bulgarian capital Sofia.
"We will inform you in due time on the status of the Championships," Choue added.
Sofia is due to stage the event from October 14 to 18.
Earlier this month, Taekwondo Canada said it would not send athletes to the Championships due to the COVID-19 crisis.
Bulgaria currently requires a two-week quarantine period for international travellers arriving in the country.
With the cost being borne by the participants, it would have required competitors to arrive in Bulgaria no later than September 30.
Bulgaria has recorded more than 11,000 cases of COVID-19, resulting in at least 370 deaths.
Choue also said World Taekwondo has been "actively reviewing our operations and planning for the future" in response to the pandemic.
The worldwide body is due to publish guidelines on the safe return to training and competitions for all athletes and stakeholders in the near future.