Oscar Pistorius' participation in future international competition will be discussed by the South African Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) at a meeting on Thursday (September 18).
SASCOC President Gideon Sam revealed that they will discuss whether Pistorius will be eligible to represent South Africa in future international competitions following his conviction for culpable homicide.
"We don't have any introspection on this matter," said Sam.
"We are only meeting next week Thursday.
"We will have a sit down with the [SASCOC] Board and have a total review of what happened."
Sam said they would not make any official comments about Pistorius's eligibility to represent the country until after the meeting of the Board, which includes South Africa's International Olympic Committee member Sam Ramsamy, at SASCOC's headquarters, Olympic House, in Johannesburg.
"Only at that point will we be able to say anything about competition in future and part of Team South Africa but at the moment we have nothing to say about what could be the future," said Sam.
Following his conviction yesterday, the International Paralympic Committee said Pistorius would be eligible to compete once he had served any punishment.
Pistorius shot his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp through a locked toilet door of his Pretoria home on February 14 last year.
Judge Thokozile Masipa found Pistorius not guilty of murder, but found him guilty on a lesser charge of culpable homicide.
The matter was postponed to October 13 for sentencing proceedings, where he could face a sentence ranging from a fine to 15 years in prison.
Athletics SA (ASA) President Aleck Skhosana claimed he could not comment until after Pistorius has been sentenced.
"We would wish to comment but as ASA it would be inappropriate and unfair to Oscar Pistorius if we comment when the judge has not pronounced on the entire case," Skhosana said.
"We don't know what the judge will say on October 13 but we will comment afterwards."
Contact the writer of this story at [email protected]
September 2014: Pistorius will be free to return to the track, says International Paralympic Committee
September 2014: Pistorius found guilty of culpable homicide but released on bail until sentencing next month
September 2014: Pistorius cleared of murder but threat of long prison sentence still hangs over him
August 2014: Pistorius murder trial finishes but no verdict for more than a month
August 2014: Pistorius "more interested in defending his life than the truth", claims prosecution