Fact of the day
Having made history at the 2014 Weightlifting World Championships by topping the overall medals table with 12 golds, North Korea is now setting its sights on writing yet more history by hosting the event itself. While there is no official bid yet, talks are already underway and it cannot be written off as impossible. Brian Oliver reports.
- Rio 2016 mascots, inspired by animals and plants of Brazil, launched
- Remaining tickets to be sold for Rugby World Cup 2015
- IRB reveals schedule for 2014-2015 Sevens World Series with Olympic qualification up for grabs
- Exclusive: WADA pledges to "work closely" with stakeholders on implementation of new anti-doping code
- Exclusive: IAAF claim Doha's $37 million offer in 2019 World Championships bid was legal and within guidelines
What do you think is the most important proposal in Agenda 2020?