Fact of the day
On September 18, Scotland will take part in an independence referendum that could see it break its more than 300-year union with the United Kingdom. If the nation votes "Yes" it could be officially independent just months ahead of the start of the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games but what impact could this have on its competitors? Philip Barker recounts Scottish athletes' history as part of the Great Britain team.
- UCI President blasts "naked" outfits worn by Colombian women's cycling team as "unacceptable"
- Gosper pleads for return of stolen 1954 Commonwealth Games gold medal
- Will Scotland say "Yes" to end era of British Olympic sport as we know it?
- Pistorius will be free to return to the track, says International Paralympic Committee
- Pistorius eligibility for future competition to be discussed by SASCOC
Four demonstration sports took part in the Nanjing 2014 Sports Lab, which do you think deserves a spot on the Olympic programme?