Fact of the day
In the summer of 2017, London will stage both the IAAF World Athletics Championships and the IPC Athletics World Championships in the Olympic Stadium. It will be the first time that these two Championships have been staged in the same year in the same city.
Surfing is one of many sports looking to ride the wave of Olympic Agenda 2020 and benefit from the increased flexibility of sports on the programme. Although he is not quite sure how changes will work in practice, International Surfing Association President Fernando Aguerre is confident his sport is on the up, as Mike Rowbottom found out...
- French Olympic wrestler handed year ban for missing doping tests
- Cuban deal for Rio 2016 takes IOC's total broadcast income in quadrennium to beyond $4 billion
- IRB reveals schedule for 2014-2015 Sevens World Series with Olympic qualification up for grabs
- Jeptoo set to be stripped of World Marathon Majors title after B-sample confirms EPO use
- "Legally appropriate version" of Garcia's World Cup bidding report to be published but Blatter rules out a re-vote for 2018 and 2022
Which city do you think the USOC choose to bid for the 2024 Olympics?