Fact of the day
This year's International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation World Championships take place from this week, but will it be a case of history repeating itself with more success for the hosts in Winterberg or will overseas athletes, specifically Olympic champions from Great Britain, Russia and Canada, continue their outstanding form to scupper Germany's chances and claim the golds? Mike Rowbottom reports.
- An African Olympics is almost impossible, says ANOCA President Palenfo
- Fukushima should host Tokyo 2020 baseball and softball matches if sports added to programme, claims official
- IOC does not always agree with political or legal systems in host countries, admits Bach
- World Karate Federation Medical Commision chairman welcomes revised WADA Code
- Almaty 2022 claim changes to bid proposals will reduce budget by $550 million
Which major Games are you looking forward to most this year?