Fact of the day
On September 18, Scotland will take part in an independence referendum that could see it break its more than 300-year union with the United Kingdom. If the nation votes "Yes" it could be officially independent just months ahead of the start of the Rio 2016 Olympic and Paralympic Games but what impact could this have on its competitors? Philip Barker recounts Scottish athletes' history as part of the Great Britain team.
- WADA continuing drive to educate young athletes after 15-year-old Russian twins handed doping ban
- Rio 2016 announce ticket prices - with cheapest ones costing $17
- Poland record historic victory over Brazil in opening fixture of Round III at Volleyball World Championship
- UCI President blasts "naked" outfits worn by Colombian women's cycling team as "unacceptable"
- Manchester United Soccer School launched in Azerbaijan
Four demonstration sports took part in the Nanjing 2014 Sports Lab, which do you think deserves a spot on the Olympic programme?