Fact of the day
Qatar's athletics movement will travel to Monaco this week in the hope of returning with two major prizes. The first being the all-important 2019 International Association of Athletics Federations World Championships hosting rights for Doha and the second being a historic Men's World Athlete of the Year award for high jumper Mutaz Essa Barshim. Both are a possibility - but by no means a certainty as Mike Rowbottom reports.
- Exclusive: IAAF claim Doha's $37 million offer in 2019 World Championships bid was legal and within guidelines
- Elite will prosper but Europe could suffer as IAAF announces new qualifying standards
- World Rugby gives Cyprus warm welcome but Armenia and Greece the cold shoulder
- Six candidates for 2019 European Games as timetable announced but identities will remain a secret
- Mike Rowbottom: Why the IAAF disregarded a herd of elephants in the room to give Doha the 2019 World Athletics Championships
What do you think is the most important proposal in Agenda 2020?