Fact of the day
The 2015 Winter European Youth Olympic Festival gets underway today, but it is an EYOF like no other, as it will go down in history as the first event of its kind to take place in two countries - Liechtenstein and its neighbouring Austrian state, Vorarlberg. The eyes of the sporting world will be on these two hosts but particular attention will be paid by the International Olympic Committee, which has endorsed the idea of the sharing of future Games through its recent Olympic Agenda 2020 deliberations. Mike Rowbottom reports
- Which sport should be added to the Olympic programme at Tokyo 2020?
- Russian set to be stripped of London 2012 Olympic title after doping ban
- David Owen: A tale of two elections
- IRB reveals schedule for 2014-2015 Sevens World Series with Olympic qualification up for grabs
- IPC pleased with preparations for Rio 2016 Paralympic Games
Which sport should be added to the Olympic programme at Tokyo 2020?