Fact of the day
This year's International Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation World Championships take place from this week, but will it be a case of history repeating itself with more success for the hosts in Winterberg or will overseas athletes, specifically Olympic champions from Great Britain, Russia and Canada, continue their outstanding form to scupper Germany's chances and claim the golds? Mike Rowbottom reports.
- Mourning place to be erected in Olympic Village as IOC bows to pressure over Munich Massacre
- Exclusive: South African bid for 2024 Olympics and Paralympics "unrealistic", admits Sports Minister
- Durban officially launch "compact and unique" bid for 2022 Commonwealth Games
- World Karate Federation Medical Commision chairman welcomes revised WADA Code
- Track cycling to be omitted for first time since 1930 under Durban 2022 Commonwealth Games plans
Which major Games are you looking forward to most this year?