Fact of the day
Qatar's athletics movement will travel to Monaco this week in the hope of returning with two major prizes. The first being the all-important 2019 International Association of Athletics Federations World Championships hosting rights for Doha and the second being a historic Men's World Athlete of the Year award for high jumper Mutaz Essa Barshim. Both are a possibility - but by no means a certainty as Mike Rowbottom reports.
- Exclusive: New anti-doping code may lead to cuts in the number of tests in the Netherlands - and elsewhere
- World Rugby gives Cyprus warm welcome but Armenia and Greece the cold shoulder
- Exclusive: IAAF claim Doha's $37 million offer in 2019 World Championships bid was legal and within guidelines
- Elite will prosper but Europe could suffer as IAAF announces new qualifying standards
- IRB reveals schedule for 2014-2015 Sevens World Series with Olympic qualification up for grabs
What do you think is the most important proposal in Agenda 2020?