Fact of the day
In the summer of 2017, London will stage both the IAAF World Athletics Championships and the IPC Athletics World Championships in the Olympic Stadium. It will be the first time that these two Championships have been staged in the same year in the same city.
Surfing is one of many sports looking to ride the wave of Olympic Agenda 2020 and benefit from the increased flexibility of sports on the programme. Although he is not quite sure how changes will work in practice, International Surfing Association President Fernando Aguerre is confident his sport is on the up, as Mike Rowbottom found out...
- Ethics investigator Garcia resigns after slamming FIFA independence and leadership
- European gold medallist blames failed drugs test on contaminated supplements
- Mexico Olympic Committee President wants to revive joint Tijuana-San Diego Olympic bid for 2024
- Rio 2016 convene task force to tackle new "super-bacteria" threat at sailing venue
- Olympic gold medallist given eight-year ban by USADA for his part in Tyson Gay's doping offence
Which city do you think the USOC choose to bid for the 2024 Olympics?