2020 Summer Olympics
March 21 - Madrid Mayor Ana Botella has admitted that Barcelona has a higher profile on the international stage than her city because of the success of the 1992 Olympics and Paralympics, which is proving a powerful factor in the Spanish capital's efforts to bring the Games here in 2020 as the two cities enjoy a long rivalry.
By Duncan Mackay at the Hotel Eurostars in Madrid
March 19 - Madrid's decision to continue campaigning for the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics despite Spain's economic crisis has been strongly defended by the country's most senior International Olympic Committee (IOC) member, who claimed it is "act of responsibility" for them to carry on bidding.
Fashion Week, Cirque Du Soleil and Alicia Keys announcement boost Istanbul's cultural credentials ahead of IOC visit
March 15 - Designers including the likes of Tanju Babacan and Begüm Salihoglu are showcasing their latest creations at Istanbul Fashion Week, which concludes tomorrow, just days before the Turkish city welcomes the International Olympic Committee (IOC) to assess its 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games bid.
March 8 - Turkey has been named as the best performer by Forbes in its 2012 Periodic Table of emerging markets, highlighting the country's stock market's "astounding 56 per cent" growth, in a report that delivers a significant boost to Istanbul's 2020 Olympic and Paralympic Games bid.
March 8 - Around 500 new businesses will be created as part of Madrid's "2020 for 2020: StartUp Madrid" initiative, which would offer grants of €10,000 (£8,700/$13,000), as well as office space and support to successful applicants, should the Spanish capital win the right to host the 2020 Olympic Games, officials promised today.
March 7 - Tokyo's campaign to host the 2020 Olympics and Paralympics reached a possibly seminal turning point when more than half-a-million turned up to celebrate the performance of Japan's team at London 2012, bid leader Tsunekazu Takeda today told insidethegames.
- Greece pledge support to Turkey 2020 Olympic bid in historic agreement
- Tokyo 2020 tries to emphasise Japan's financial strength to IOC Evaluation Commission
- No safety fears over Tokyo 2020, IOC Evaluation Commission assured
- Support growing for Tokyo 2020 bid new survey claims
- Japanese hope new television technology will boost Tokyo 2020 bid
- Istanbul 2020 Olympic bid helping fight prejudice over EU membership Turkish Minister claims
- Brazilian Paralympic President joins 2020 Games evaluation commission
- Tokyo 2020 rolls out red carpet for Sir Craig as city gets ready for IOC inspection