By David Owen
World Rowing (FISA) President Jean-Christophe Rolland has reacted positively to confirmation that the Tokyo 2020 regatta is, after all, to be staged at the originally designated Sea Forest venue, describing it as "another very picturesque venue to feature rowing near the heart of the Games".
A number of changes to the proposed venues for Tokyo 2020 were approved here today by the International Olympic Committee's ruling Executive Board, saving an estimated $1 billion (£650 million/€890 million) as the financial advantages of Agenda 2020 begin to become clear.
- Sponsors to pay $128 million for leading package at Tokyo 2020
- Tokyo 2020 launch Young Athletes' Project to encourage youth to focus on Games
- Demonstrators to stage protest walk against Tokyo National Stadium demolition
- Tokyo 2020 establish Programme Panel to consider adding new sports
- Tokyo celebrates 2,020 days until Olympics with ceremonies across the nation
- Government study underway to reassess Tokyo 2020 legacy aims
- Exclusive: UCI heads to Tokyo for talks on cycling venues
- Exclusive: Confusion over Tokyo 2020 rowing venue