By David Owen
World Rowing (FISA) President Jean-Christophe Rolland has reacted positively to confirmation that the Tokyo 2020 regatta is, after all, to be staged at the originally designated Sea Forest venue, describing it as "another very picturesque venue to feature rowing near the heart of the Games".
A number of changes to the proposed venues for Tokyo 2020 were approved here today by the International Olympic Committee's ruling Executive Board, saving an estimated $1 billion (£650 million/€890 million) as the financial advantages of Agenda 2020 begin to become clear.
- Fujitsu and NEC Corporation named Tokyo 2020 Gold Partners
- Canon announced as latest Tokyo 2020 gold sponsor
- No decision on new sports at Tokyo 2020 to be made until next year
- Tokyo 2020 raises a glass after securing Asahi Brewers as second domestic sponsor
- Tokyo 2020 sign-up telecommunications giant NTT as first Gold Partner
- Tokyo 2020 announce new Commissions amid move to new headquarters
- Sponsors to pay $128 million for leading package at Tokyo 2020
- Tokyo 2020 launch Young Athletes' Project to encourage youth to focus on Games