By David Owen
World Rowing (FISA) President Jean-Christophe Rolland has reacted positively to confirmation that the Tokyo 2020 regatta is, after all, to be staged at the originally designated Sea Forest venue, describing it as "another very picturesque venue to feature rowing near the heart of the Games".
A number of changes to the proposed venues for Tokyo 2020 were approved here today by the International Olympic Committee's ruling Executive Board, saving an estimated $1 billion (£650 million/€890 million) as the financial advantages of Agenda 2020 begin to become clear.
- London 2012 Olympic Stadium to host rugby league match between England and New Zealand
- Victory for American athletes as IOC agree to relax Rule 40 for Rio 2016
- Exclusive: Nine of top 15 brands associated with Rio 2016 not Olympic sponsors, says report
- Details of second Rio 2016 sailing test event released as investigation into dead fish launched
- Rio 2016 back on track says IOC inspectors but warn of "aggressive timelines"
- There are no fears over Rio 2016 safety, claims Bach despite spate of police killings
- German Olympic Committee to meet with IOC as part of 2024 bid Invitation Phase
- Floodlights fitted at London 2012 Olympic Stadium as preparations continue for Rugby World Cup