Fact of the day
Having been inspired by Brazilian Olympic triple jump champion Adhemar da Silva at just 15 years of age at the Melbourne 1956 Games, Rosemary Mula has gone on to live her Olympic dream of marching in the Opening Ceremony and has become known as "the most dedicated volunteer in the world". Brian Oliver tells her remarkable story.
- Brazil slips into recession with less than two years to go before Rio 2016
- Public support for Oslo 2022 bid continues to dwindle, reveal polls
- Poland's World Championship opening win signals "new era" in volleyball
- Baku 2015 confirm addition of sambo to European Games
- Beijing flexes muscles in 2022 Olympic race by unveiling eight major sponsors
Following the Summer Youth Olympic Games in Nanjing, do you think the event should continue beyond Buenos Aires 2018?